PM/2 Clinical Planner FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What's new in the latest program release (version 4.25)?
Here's an outline of additions and changes to PM/2 Clinical Planner that have been introduced since PM/2 Practice Management Systems acquired the product from Cedrus Corp. in April, 1999:
Release 4.25 (06/28/2003)
- Bug fix for non-retention of mental status changes
- Improvements in backward stepping of multi-window functions (diagnosis, mental status, treatment & progress)
- Revisions to format window to include treatment & progress section by default
- Improved clarity of labelling in mental status, plan format and treatment & progress windows
Release 4.23 (01/26/2003)
- Bug fix for looping in Symptom window which could occur under certain combinations of diagnoses in release 4.2 and above.
Release 4.22 (01/25/2003)
- Improved Windows XP and Windows 2000 compatibility for the ShellExecute feature added in Release 4.21 (automatic launching of word processor to display/edit treatment plans, see below)
Release 4.21 (12/17/2002)
- Bug fix to Speech window (fixed non-appearing item list when used in Auto-Step mode).
- Bug fix to Prior Treatment window (fixed overlapping Yes/No buttons).
- Bug fix to Goals window in Auto-Step mode (eliminated potential infinite loop).
- Added feature to drop plan directly into the user's registered word processor (Word or any other windows-based system) for printing or further editing at completion of the main program loop.
Release 4.2 (10/26/2002):
- Added Slider feature for graphic entry of DSM4 Axis 5 scores
- Added automatic word-processor compatibility (RTF format) for plans.
- Removed automatic Group Therapy justification item from AutoStep
- Updated icon
Release 4.1 (9/7/2002):
- WinXP compatibility for printing
Release 4.0 (4/15/1999):
- Y2K compatibility
- Data exchange from PM/2 billing software for DOS and Windows
Don't managed care organizations want treatment plans on their own forms?
Not necessarily. Our users generally write "See Attached" across the top of the
managed care company's form, and then attach the printed report from PM/2
Clinical Planner. No managed care company that we're aware of has complained yet.
Does PM/2 Clinical Planner support child diagnosis?
Yes. The program supports every diagnosis in DSM-IV and has a built-in
symptoms and goals database to match.
How long has PM/2 Clinical Planner been on the market?
Since September 1996. Clinical Planner was orignally a product of Cedrus
Corp. of Phoenix, AZ. It had a predecessor named TP Pro, also written by
Cedrus, which was on the market since February 1994. TP Pro was a DOS
program written for DSM-III.
Does PM/2 Clinical Planner work on a Macintosh?
Not straight out of the box. But it can be run on the Mac using Windows
emulation systems such as SoftPC version 2.0 or later.